Sunday, January 25, 2009

The 08 Quiver


This picture was taken from the deck of my room during the OBX Skim Jam while I was working on a photo project for Skimboarder.
(Left to Right)
1. This first green board was my go to all spring and summer! One of my first waves on it was just epic! A big Solmar wrap during my first session in Cabo with Wardo before the contest. I was instantly stoked on it! Pulled straight from the stock at Zap by Boom, a 52" 3/4" thick Wilson Pro Model. Not even custom made! Works great in Cabo and has some good float!
2. In the middle we have my Hugo Santos pro model that I got for far out days and/or foreign waters like Portugal. After being spanked by Hugo on his big board the first time I went to Portugal I realized he was on to something. This board has so much float and just cruises off the foam ball and through slow sections of a wave. I will never travel without this board again!
3. Ahh the FISH! A great re-invention from the minds of Zach and Bob Smetts. Zach rode this shape for like 2 summers and whenever I skimmed with him I would always take it and not want to give it back. I'm talking full on tail release here!! SO MUCH FUN. Loosy Goosy style! After lots of begging and a lemon fish from Boom I finally got my own!! So did Vav. If you can get your hands on one of these do it!! Their like totally limited edition....!!
All with that Freaky Freak Traction which I'm super stoked on!! It sticks good and they have a bunch of different styles.
Check out the ZAP and Freak websites!!

No comments:

Post a Comment